The building blocks of the pitta dosha are the elements fire and water. Pitta dosha is a particular dosha because the elements of fire and water purify/destroy/protect each other.
For example, a competitive person, who is also trying to lose weight, would do well with an activity like cross fit, where you make an activity social in order to uplift each through the exercise, while a competitive person who does not need to lose weight, would do better with an activity like swimming, which can still be competitive, however has a cooling energy with the balancing water element.
The summer season is associated with pitta dosha. Heat waves (fire) and thunderstorms (water) are examples of the presence of pitta dosha. Pitta dosha can become imbalanced when there is too much fire and water in the body, or when there is not enough fire and water in the body.
10 Signs you are Pitta dominant:
1. Highly discipline, well focused, fast learner goal oriented, clear thinking
2. You have a moderate bone structure, medium height, well-defined muscles, medium sized shoulders and hips
3. Always feeling hot, warm harms and feet, maybe sweating
4. Enjoys planning, organizing
5. Tendency to get flush in the face, reddish cheeks or nose, maybe rosacea, acne, or herpes
6. Sharp penetrating eyes, glare
7. Have a tendency to be sensitive to energy, irritated, angry easily, jealous, competitive
10. Caring, perceptive to other people’s feelings
Wondering if you are pitta dosha dominant? Guessing can be as misbalancing as living without consciousness.
Visit an Ayurveda professional to assess the true nature of your birth dosha and your current imbalance, and understand the full scope of lifestyle rituals and practices associated with delicately balancing your doshas.