11119 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
8316 Arlington Boulevard
Fairfax, VA 22031
Four Secrets For the Best Botox
Botox has overtaken Viagra to become the most publicly recognized medical treatment. Besides wrinkle relaxation, Botox is used to treat numerous medical conditions including excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), rosacea, migraines, muscle spasms, cerebral palsy, scars and lazy eye in children. For wrinkle relaxation, there are now three other options to safely smooth out your wrinkles. Jeuveau (Newtox) and Dysport work like Botox but sometimes a little faster, and Xeomin is a purified form of Botox. The best way to find out if Botox, Jeuveau, Dysport or Xeomin are right for you is to consult an expert board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
Here are some key principles for successful Botox, Jeuveau, Dysport and Xeomin treatment. These principles are useful for women and men who would like their wrinkles relaxed and want to look natural, not “done”.
1. Understand the Science: As we age, some of our facial muscles become overactive, causing “hyperdynamic wrinkles” between the eyebrows, on the forehead, around the eyes and mouth, and on the neck. Tiny amounts of Botox, Jeuveau, Dysport or Xeomin can be gently injected just beneath the skin to relax and re-balance these overactive muscles, giving a smoother, younger appearance. Recent studies show that enlarged pores can also be made less noticeable, and the skin improves in overall texture and firmness.
These treatments have been extensively studied over the past 20-plus years. Several FDA studies have shown that they are safe and effective, which has led to their FDA-approval for treatment of frown lines. Next-generation scientific publications, research and education are advancing our knowledge further.
2. See the Whole Picture: When you receive advanced Botox, Jeuveau, Dysport or Xeomin treatment from an expert dermatologist or plastic surgeon, it goes beyond just smoothing frown lines, to also shape your face and restore youthful contours, making you look years or even decades younger. For instance, if your eyebrows have dropped and flattened, making your eyelids heavier, a little Botox in the right places will make you look – and feel – much better by lifting and subtly arching your brows. This adds definition and sparkle to your eyes and prevents eyelid heaviness in the evenings or after you have been reading or working a lot at your laptop.
A drooping mouth or neck can be lifted in the same way. Ironically, many celebrities who are criticized for being “over-Botoxed” are really victims of over-zealous surgery, whereas many who are most admired for aging gracefully and looking natural have regular Botox treatments. The key is to have your treatment performed by an expert, which makes you look better and younger but is completely undetectable.
3. Combine Botox With Fillers and Lasers: One of the newest concepts is combining natural fillers such as Voluma, Juvederm, Volbella, Restylane, Radiesse, Belotero and Sculptra, and state-of-the-art lasers such as Ulthera, Fraxel, Exilis Ultra or eMatrix/eTwo with Botox to achieve a scar-free, non-surgical face lift that prevents you from ever having to go under the knife. Advanced techniques give natural lift and rejuvenation, and your skin is stimulated to produce its own collagen and elastic tissue, which lifts and tightens it from within to give longer-lasting results.
4. Achieving the Best Results: Many of the treatments described above require maintenance. This allows treatments to be adjusted to fit your face as you age, so that you always look completely natural and you may even be told that you never seem to age. Maintenance not only smoothes wrinkles, it also helps prevent them from deepening.
Most importantly of all, choose a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has years of experience with these treatments and understands how to treat and shape your whole face and neck, not just your individual wrinkles. A true expert can individualize your treatment to address your own unique aging pattern. When comparing pricing, make sure you know the concentration or dilution of the treatment. It is a false economy to pay less for more dilute Botox, Dysport or Xeomin: It may cost less in the short term but will cost more in the long term, as you will need more frequent re-treatments.
The American Board of Medical Specialties designates four types of specialists as having the required training and qualifications to perform cosmetic procedures such as Botox and fillers: dermatologists, plastic surgeons, facial plastic surgeons and oculoplastic surgeons. The most expert doctors are typically actively involved in studies, public education and teaching, including teaching at dermatology and plastic surgery academies.
Other Articles You May Find of Interest...
- Beauty Inside and Out: Five Keys To Finding the Right Doctor
- Skin Cancer: What You Should Know
- Can You Benefit From Braces?
- Care For Your Hair
- Look Younger, Feel Better: Modern Science Meets Customized Treatments
- Burn Fat and Build Muscle In As Little As 30 Minutes
- Body Contouring: Smartlipo and Cellulaze Cellulite Reduction