11119 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
8316 Arlington Boulevard
Fairfax, VA 22031
Four Tips For the Best Botox
Botox has now overtaken Viagra to become the most publicly recognized medical treatment. Now there is also a new treatment to safely smooth out your wrinkles, Dysport, which works like Botox but a little faster. Consult an expert board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to find out if Botox or Dysport is right for you.
Here are some basic Botox and Dysport principles that I use when training doctors in my role as a national advisor for Medscape/Web MD and other accredited medical education institutes, and at national and international medical conferences. These principles are equally useful for men and women who are considering having Botox or Dysport.
1. Understand the science. As you age, some of your facial muscles become overactive, causing “hyperdynamic wrinkles” between your eyebrows, on your forehead and neck, and around your eyes and mouth. Tiny amounts of Botox or Dysport can be gently injected just beneath your skin to relax and re-balance overactive muscles, giving you a smoother, younger appearance. Botox and Dysport have been extensively studied and were shown to be safe and effective when they were FDA-approved for treatment of frown lines.years. Many further studies have resulted in thousands of scientific papers. Besides their use for no downtime wrinkle relaxing, Botox and Dysport are used safely for a myriad of medical conditions including lazy eye in children and excessive sweating.
2. See the whole picture. Advanced Botox or Dysport doesnt just smooth frown lines; it perfects facial contours, making you look years younger, and it is completely undetectable. For instance, if your eyebrows have dropped and flattened, making your eyelids heavier, a little Botox or Dysport in the right places will make you look and feel – much better by lifting and subtly arching your brows, which adds definition and sparkle to your eyes. A drooping mouth or neck can be similarly lifted with expert Botox or Dysport. Ironically, many celebrities who are criticized for being over-Botoxed are really victims of over-zealous surgery, whereas many who are most admired for their beauty have regular, expert Botox or Dysport treatments.
3. Remember fillers and lasers One of the newest concepts is combining the natural fillers, Perlane, Restylane and the new longer lasting collagen, Evolence, and state-of-the-art lasers such as the Syneron eMatrix or Triniti to achieve a scar-free, non-surgical face lift that prevents you from ever having to go under the knife. Advanced techniques give natural lift and rejuvenation, and your skin is stimulated to produce its own collagen, which tightens it from within and gives longer-lasting results.
4. Best value Botox and Dysport tips. Botox, Dysport, Restylane and other fillers require maintenance. This allows treatments to be adjusted to fit your face as you age so that you always look completely natural and you may even be told that you never seem to age. Botox and Dysport maintenance not only smoothes wrinkles; it also helps prevent them from deepening. For best value, select a cosmetic surgeon who offers discount maintenance plans. When comparing pricing, make sure you know the Botox or Dysport concentration. More dilute Botox or Dysport may cost less in the short term but more in the long term as you will need more frequent re-treatments. Most important of all, choose an expert dermatologist or plastic surgeon who can individualize your treatment to address your own unique aging pattern. The most expert doctors are often actively involved in cutting-edge teaching, research and public education.
Other Articles You May Find of Interest...
- Beauty Inside and Out: Five Keys To Finding the Right Doctor
- Skin Cancer: What You Should Know
- Can You Benefit From Braces?
- Care For Your Hair
- Look Younger, Feel Better: Modern Science Meets Customized Treatments
- Burn Fat and Build Muscle In As Little As 30 Minutes
- Body Contouring: Smartlipo and Cellulaze Cellulite Reduction