11119 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
8316 Arlington Boulevard
Fairfax, VA 22031
Seven Celebrity Beauty Tips For 2016
Pretty much every celebrity you know has had a cosmetic procedure. Those who look as if they haven't are making use of state-of-the-art technology that helps reverse the effects of aging in many cases, without surgery. It's the new way; with these advances, you can have natural-looking results, great value, and there is little to no down time or scarring.
Take your cue from the stars, and look and feel your best at any age. Through my commitment to research and education, I have been involved in clinical studies of many of these technologies, and teach on them internationally at plastic surgery and dermatology conferences.
1. Ulthera Non-Surgical Face and Body Lifting This is a unique laser that lifts and tightens loose skin on your jaw line, neck, forehead, cheeks, and other facial areas with safe precise ultrasound treatments. It can re-contour your face and also tighten and lift your arms, buttocks, abdomen, knees, and elsewhere. Featured on Dr. Oz and The Doctors.
2. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Sometimes known as the “Vampire Face Lift”, this harnesses the restorative power of your own body to naturally treat wrinkles, scars, pigmentation and other blemishes.
PRP can be combined with microneedling with the MicroPen or CosmoPen to enhance results. It can also be effective for hair loss, especially if stem cells (A-Cell) are added. Featured widely on national TV, and many stars have spoken out about their use of this technology.
3. Vanquish, Kybella and LipoLite Face and Body Contouring Vanquish is a new advanced laser that “conquers your core” by painlessly melting away unwanted fat on your abdomen, waistline, hips, thighs and other areas. No advance preparation is needed. Results are quicker and more effective than with other non-surgical fat removal lasers. There is no recovery time, so you can walk out of the office after treatment and go straight back to your regular activities.
Kybella is a new, non-surgical injectable treatment to effectively dissolve away submental fullness (double chin).
LipoLite is a new laser that precisely targets and permanently destroys unwanted fat cells to re-contour your chin, abdomen, arms, thighs, and other areas. Treatment is quick, comfortable, and requires only local numbing. It is ideal for removing stubborn fat deposits that are resistant to exercise and a healthy diet and tightening the skin.
4. The Syneron Triniti Laser System rejuvenates all the layers of your skin in the same treatment session, giving you smoother, firmer, more radiant skin, while fading sunspots, veins, and other blemishes. The latest addition to the Triniti system is the eMatrix, recently cleared by the FDA, which is a highly advanced wrinkle removal and skin tightening system. Featured on CBS News and the Rachel Ray Show.
5. Liquid Face Lifting Another new way to refresh your face is to lift it with natural fillers such as Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse, Belotero, and Sculptra. These can remove under-eye hollows and bags, restore youthful fullness to your cheeks and lips, and lift your jaw line. The same techniques can also be used to rejuvenate bony, veined hands, and to improve wrinkling and sun damage on your neck and chest.
With the right techniques, it also stimulates your skin to produce new collagen for longer-lasting results.
With the newest filler, Voluma, an expert dermatologist or plastic surgeon can lift sagging cheeks and jawlines and naturally recontour your whole face.
While some celebrities prefer to keep their “work” under wraps, supermodel Cindy Crawford and Joy Behar formerly of ABC TV's The View have described fillers as one of their keys to looking younger.
You can combine Vanquish or LipoLite with other lasers to re-shape your face and body, tighten skin and improve cellulite and stretch marks. Celebrity devotees of body contouring include Khloe Kardashian and the Housewives of New York City. LipoLite was recently featured in a Prime Time News interview that I performed for CBS Channel 9 TV.
6. Beyond Botox Now there are three muscle relaxers to choose from Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin. Advanced cosmetic surgeons who teach and do research have been using all three for a while even though Xeomin is new to most doctors.
Treatment doesn't just smooth out your frown lines, it safely and effectively treats forehead wrinkles, crow's feet, and lines around your mouth and neck. It can be combined with lasers and fillers to make your results last longer and help prevent lines from deepening.
For great results and the best value, select an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon who uses a concentrated Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin solution with more treatment units, for better, longer-lasting results. Actresses Vanessa Williams and Brooke Shields are among the many celebrities who have publicly spoken about the positive effects of their Botox treatments.
7. Expert Tip The American Board of Medical Specialties recognizes Board Certified dermatologists and plastic surgeons as Core Aesthetic Specialists who are appropriately trained to perform cosmetic procedures. You may wish to select a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has national and international recognition as an expert in the field.
With today's technology in the right hands, you will look youthful and vibrant at any age, and reflect outwardly the good health, energy and vitality you strive for internally.
Other Articles You May Find of Interest...
- Beauty Inside and Out: Five Keys To Finding the Right Doctor
- Skin Cancer: What You Should Know
- Can You Benefit From Braces?
- Care For Your Hair
- Look Younger, Feel Better: Modern Science Meets Customized Treatments
- Burn Fat and Build Muscle In As Little As 30 Minutes
- Body Contouring: Smartlipo and Cellulaze Cellulite Reduction