Advanced Chiropractic & Nutritional Healing Center
Frederick, MD 21704
Culprits That May Be Affecting Your Health
“You want to figure out the underlying cause of the problem, not just treat the symptoms,” says James Hawver, ND. According to Dr. Hawver, who is a doctor of natural medicine and educator with almost 40 years of experience in the natural health care field, the following are common sources of health problems:
- Metabolic acidosis: This can be an issue for anyone, but according to Dr. Hawver, it may be a side effect of severe stress.
- Circulatory problems: Many people have circulation issues, and don’t realize it unless they find out they have hypertension. Circulation can be affected by a variety of causes, including high cholesterol, high triglycerides, and calcium plaques.
- Digestion: Hawver finds that many people are deficient in digestive enzymes. A lack of fiber in the diet can cause bowel problems. Those who have taken too many antibiotics or pain medications over the years should consider probiotics to restore intestinal flora.
- Immunity: Emotional stress and strain can contribute to a compromised immune system.
- Lymphatic system: Dehydration is one major cause of lymphatic congestion; stress is another. Exercise and herbs can help stimulate lymphatic drainage.
- Miasms: According to Dr. Hawver, the most-common miasms (genetically inherited weaknesses) are those connected with syphilis, gonorrhea and tuberculosis. These may be helped with homeopathic preparations.
- Musculoskeletal system: Dr. Hawver works closely with the chiropractor on his staff, because musculoskeletal problems can be a primary cause or a secondary issue.
- Stress and emotional problems: Relationships, jobs, a death in the family – all kinds of things can cause a person to be distraught. Neuro-emotional techniques and similar practices, as well as flower-essence remedies may be helpful.
- Insufficient organ support: Vitamins and minerals are good at providing support for organs, glands, and systems that are not functioning well – but make sure the products are high quality.
- Toxins: These include yeast, mold, heavy metals, chemicals, viruses, bacteria, parasites, vaccines, nicotine, and pesticides. They are easily found when you’re doing either muscle testing or electro-dermal work.