Happy Hour Yoga Center
6504 Old Branch Avenue
Temple Hills, MD 20748
COVID: How Have You Adjusted?
What in the world has happened? It seems that all of a sudden our world has been turned topsy turvy. Our world as we knew it was instantly changed overnight. The whole world has been affected by this new phenomenon called COVID-19.
Containing this virus is very difficult in its simplest form. The virus is contracted from people, places and things. This deadly virus can live on some surfaces for up to and sometimes more than seven days.
It is extremely important to protect yourself and others.
How can we protect others and ourselves from the spread of this deadly virus? It is suggested that to control this deadly virus we must:
- Cover mouth and nose.
- Wash your hands with soap and water. Sanitizers only kill germs, but do not remove dirt. Do both when you can.
- Avoid close contact with people. It is recommended to keep at least six feet distancing.
- Limit contact with businesses and places.
- Limit contact and know with whom you have come in contact.
- Work from home when you can.
- Go out of the house, get fresh air, and wear your face covering.
- If you go out to dinner, take your sanitation wipes. Wipe down anything and everything you touch.
- Attend virtual church services in your own home.
It is understood that this virus will be with us for a very long time. Learning to adjust to our new normal is of the utmost importance.
It is suggested for your physical, emotional and mental health to:
- Go for walks
- Take an online course
- Take virtual classes such as yoga, meditation, Zumba
- Enjoy re-decorating your space
- Clean out clutter
- Start your book or blog
- Spend time with your children, reading, singing, talking, interacting
Keep in mind the holidays are coming, plan to be cautious and careful when out and about. Mentally plan now how you will enjoy the holidays to the best of your ability.
This is our new norm – not to mention our new fashion statement that’s revolving around the face coverings we choose to depict our personality.
Even though we do not like change, remember there is always good and new creation that comes from a place of change.
Look at yourself. How have you changed? How have you adjusted? How do you like your new self?
Keep yourself and your loved-ones safe.