Are You Toxic? Six Factors Destroying Your Health
Over 80,000 chemicals are being used daily in the US. Scientists studying the human body burden uncovered an average of 171 pollutants/toxins and 56 carcinogens that may be invading our bodies. Some of the factors in a toxic body and choices we make are
1. Overuse of antibiotics. You say that you're not currently taking antibiotics. But, did you know there may be antibiotics in the meat, dairy and water you consume, just to name a few. It is not clear what effect they may have on you.
2. Micro-organisms Parasites, and an overgrowth of yeast or Candida can kill friendly bacteria. Some studies now show 1/3 of the low-income American public have parasitic infections.
3. Long term use of acid suppressing medications can cause over growth of bad bacteria in the intestinal tract.
4. Food. Undigested food can cause inflammation and a host of other problems in patients with stomach or intestinal problems.
5. Environmental Toxins Some substances which can be found in air, water, and food can be harmful. Cleaning products should be used with caution. There is some concern about bisphenol A (BPA) found in some plastics we drink out of and eat off of, and microwaving foods in these potentially toxic plastics. To be sure, you could use glass or BPA free products.
6. Aging. You can nip, tuck, cover the gray, dress it up and use lotions and potions to smooth it out but you can't stop aging. You will experience the effects of aging quicker if there are bad bacteria, parasites and toxins in your body. Taking action could help you age healthier.
Toxins can weaken our immune system and damage the nervous system, which depending on the toxin and the level of its presence, can lead to illness, chronic disease and premature aging and oxidative stress to the body. Some toxins are stored in our liver, body fat, lymphatic system, joints, muscles, gut, brain and other parts of the body. There are some scientists who believe you can take control and decrease the burden of these toxins on your body.
How To Detoxify
Common solutions are to consume a healthy diet, get regular exercise, and drink plenty of water. If you feel the need to be more aggressive, there is a new body approach that uses a cold laser that is programmed with frequencies that are used on the lymph organs while the feet or hands are in an ionic cell cleanse bath for 30-40 minutes.
It is comfortable and relaxing, and might help you remove toxins. A thermography scan can show changes on the surface of the skin which may indicate problem areas.