Mental Health In a Digital World
In the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic, companies across the globe have become increasingly grateful for the technology that allows telework to be a viable solution to ensure that business continues without too much interference. Thankfully, the mental health field has been utilizing the benefits of telehealth over the years and due to the recent shutdown, has proven to be for the best.
With so much uncertainty going on in our world, therapy is needed now more than ever. Many have the ability to solicit continuous support to deal with their mental health challenges that can be heightened during difficult times. While some may question the validity of telehealth, it is important to note that virtual sessions can be just as impactful as in-person sessions. That said, here are some wonderful benefits of telehealth:
- Convenience. You never have to leave the comfort of your home and therefore may be able to feel more relaxed during your sessions.
- Affordable. Many insurances offer coverage for telehealth sessions. Even if your insurance does not cover telehealth sessions, many therapists offer affordable rates.
- Simple. All you need is access to a phone or a computer to utilize telehealth services.
- Consistency. You never have to worry about missing a therapy appointment if you cannot physically make it to an appointment. Telehealth allows for you to stay consistently in line with your treatment plan.
- Support. You can have support when you need it most and not wait for an in-person appointment to deal with issues that you cannot process on your own.
Telehealth makes mental health services convenient and accessible. Often, the breakthrough you need is just a phone call away.