- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Adjustable Gastric Banding
- Revision Bariatric Surgery
- Hernia Repair Procedures
- Hiatal Hernias
- General Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Call To Find Out About Insurance Coverage
Etwar McBean, MD, FACS
The Bariatric and Hernia Institute, founded by Dr. Etwar McBean, provides specialized programs for weight loss surgery and hernia repair.
Our surgical weight loss program offers a full range of bariatric surgery procedures that are safe and effective. Including Gastric Bypass Surgery, Gastric Sleeve Surgery and Adjustable Lap Band Surgery. We focus on laparoscopic minimally invasive surgery techniques.
Our Hernia Repair Program offers care for a variety of problems from small to large, recurrent or complex hernias, utilizing traditional open and laparoscopic techniques to suit each patient’s need.
Degrees, Training & Certifications
- University of The West Indies in Kingston, Jamaica – Medical Degree – 1999
- Howard University Hospital in Washington, DC – General Surgery Training – 2007
- Cleveland Clinic in Weston, FL – Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Surgery and Bariatric Surgery – 2008
- Johns Hopkins University – MBA in Health Care Management
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- American Hernia Society
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery
Articles by this Professional:
- Dietary Adjustments After Bariatric Surgery
- Hiatal Hernia: A Common Cause For Heartburn
- Your Environment Influences Your Weight
- Reasons For Choosing Weight Loss Surgery
- Vitamins After Bariatric Surgery
- Why Is Weight Loss So Difficult?
- Benefits Of Weight Loss Surgery
- Obesity and Your Health
- Bariatric Surgery and Sleep Apnea
- Will Insurance Pay For Bariatric Surgery?
- Follow-up Visits After Bariatric Surgery
- Gastric Sleeve Offers Safe Weight Loss
- Should You Be Worried About a Hernia?
- How Does the Gastric Bypass Work?
- Bariatric Surgery Helps Resolve Diabetes
- Bariatric Surgery and Medical Expenses
- Effects Of Obesity On Health
- Your Personal Environment Influences Your Weight
- Common Reasons For Choosing Weight Loss Surgery
- Obesity and Your Health When To Consider Weight Loss Surgery