Herbal Compress Therapy
It is exciting to find treatments to offer clients that are rare, and beneficial. However, at times, it can be intimidating to explain why the need for this new service. Experiencing something new can have its drawback for a clinician. But when a service is found to be awesome it is worth taking the time to make it appealing and offering it to help others.
One such new service is Thai herbal ball compress therapy.
What is it? It is an herb packed cotton cloth formed into a ball that is steamed to release herbal medicine and the wonderful aroma of the herbs.
What herbs are used in the herbal compress ball? An herbal ball compress will usually contain a variety of herbs and spices with potential therapeutic properties. Some of the herbs that may be used in the cloth ball compress are lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, tamarind, turmeric, ginger, and arnica.
What happens during a hot Herbal compress therapy session? During the herbal compress therapy session, a practitioner gently rubs and rolls the body with a hot steamy herbal ball compress, which is heated with steam. The compresses are very aromatic and hot, and they are rubbed over areas that are stiff and painful to provide the area treated relief. It is believed that the therapeutic properties of the herbs are absorbed through the skin creating a cleansing and detoxifying effect.
What is the origin of the herbal compress? The herbal ball compress has its origins in Thailand where it is still a very popular therapy owing its use to the ancient knowledge of healing properties of plants and herbs and their application on the body.
What ae the benefits of this therapy? The herbal ball compress technique can offer a variety of health benefits such as:
- Alleviation of muscle fatigue
- Soothing of painful, sore, or tired muscles, tendons and ligaments
- Improvement of blood and lymph circulation
- Internal organs stimulation and detoxification
- Relieving built of muscle tension
This herbal application is worth giving a try to find relief for old problems from a new healing art.
Other Articles You May Find of Interest...
- Summer Is a Time For Total Relaxation
- Korean Acupuncture and Earth Yang Body Type (Pancreotonia)
- It’s Summer! No More COVID Slump
- When Women Win In the Wellness Game, Everyone Wins
- Restoring Health and Vitality As the Years Go By
- Looking To Do Something Good For Your Gut Health?
- Hearing/Vision Loss, Alzheimer’s and Acupuncture