Beth Albaneze, CTRS, CPRP, CLP
House Calls, LLC is owned and operated by Beth Albaneze, CTRS, CPRP, CLP. Beth started House Calls in 2004 when a family member moved to her home requiring a variety of services over time. Beth was motivated to secure and obtain resources for her loved one to ensure an optimal level of care. Beth brings to House Calls over 40 years of experience as a credentialed Rehabilitation Counselor and Certified Recreation Therapist with additional skills in Geriatric Care Management.
Beth is the founder of her award-winning company House Calls, LLC, which provides an array of specialized services from children to senior citizens. She has received many awards over the years including “Practitioner of the Year” from the Maryland Association of Psychosocial Services, National Society on Experiential Education, Best Buddies, American Association of Therapeutic Recreation and the Montgomery County Police Department. Her many titles have included Director of the ‘Open Door’ program for the Montgomery County Recreation Department, Director of Students and Volunteers for two state-wide organizations and continued as Adjunct Faculty for over fifteen years – receiving an award for Outstanding Service in the Mental Health program at Montgomery College.
Beth, along with her team of specialized professionals, use techniques and strategies to enhance physical, emotional, intellectual and social functioning. The House Calls model is interdisciplinary utilizing one or more team specialist(s) under our House Calls umbrella. We pride ourselves in establishing an alternative approach by meeting clients in the comfort of their home during any acute or chronic life circumstance. Beth’s expertise in teaching Active Listening at the college enables the House Calls team to establish trust and rapport quickly. The family also is offered guidance, coaching, Counseling and any other requested service in order to establish effective family communication .
Degrees, Training & Certifications
Beth Albaneze CTRS CPRP CLP is the Owner and Operator of the Award Winning House Calls LLC . She brings nationwide services for teens to seniors in the area of personal life coaching, counseling, community resources, advocacy and/or integration to individuals with life transition or trauma. Beth and her team of specialists assist family members in making difficult decisions about their loved ones with either chronic mental illness or ongoing medical issues; individuals needing accommodations at school or work and provides direction to community resources, professionals or facilities.
Beth was a part-time Adjunct Professor at Montgomery Montgomery County AwardCollege teaching Group Dynamics in the Mental Health program and has been there since 1998. She taught several other classes but cut down when her business expanded. She is also a consultant to several senior day facilities in Maryland and Virginia where she reviews records and evaluates the quality of the programming. She is also an International Presenter where she has spoken on various topics of mental health as far as Greece and France for the World Congress on Mental Health and the International Association of Psychosocial Rehabilitation. She was a Geriatric Care Consultant for Seniorlink evaluating seniors in their homes and worked as an Intake Specialist at the Washington Assessment and Therapy Services in Md.
She was the Founder and Director of the Clinical Student and Volunteer Department for two statewide non-profit companies assisting adults with disabilities in the areas of therapy, vocational rehabilitation, residential assistance and therapeutic recreation. While she was there she created the Therapeutic Recreation Department and remained for over 20 years. Beth created partnerships with programs such as Best Buddies; Americorps and recruited college students from all over the world. She matched them with clinical supervisors in different disciplines within the companies. These collaborations were with accredited national and international universities to ensure field credit compliance.
Beth served as Director for the ‘Open Door’ program connected with Montgomery County Recreation Department . This program helped to integrate people with disabilities into the community and taught them socially sanctioned behavior while in real life settings. She stayed Director for over 15 years part-time and supervised Therapeutic Recreation students placed within her program. She worked as a Psychometrist in Philadelphia for an eminent Psychologist and Author and he was the reason she pursued her career in Mental Health.
She has served as a Case Manager and Hot Line Counselor for the Mental Health Association, Montgomery County and when starting her business substituted at Montgomery County and Howard County Public Schools . She worked as a substitute at Regional Institute for Children and Adolescents and Mark Twain School as a Behavioral Resource Specialist.
Beth continues to do in-service training to facilities, homecare agencies, select providers and the community at large on topics such as Validation; Reflective Listening; Creating Motivation in the home setting; Developing a Leisure Lifestyle; Balancing Vocation and Recreation; Developing Intrinsic Rewards in life, Collaborating with Providers for successful outcomes to name a few.
Beth loves to dance, travel, babysit and socialize with family and friends. She is a native Washingtonian.
- AA degree in Mental Health from Montgomery College, Takoma Park MD
- Selected Outstanding Student and President of Mental Health Association
- BS degree, Psychosocial Rehabilitation, University Of Maryland, College Park, Md (CPRP certified)
- MA degree, Recreation, focus Therapeutic Recreation, University of Maryland, College Park, Md (CTRS certified)
HOUSE CALLS, LLC COUNSELING CERTIFICATIONS
- International Association of Psychological Rehabilitation Services
- National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification
- Maryland Recreation and Parks Professional Certification Board
- Certificate of Appreciation from Montgomery College (Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus)
HOUSE CALLS, LLC AWARDS/HONORS
- Outstanding Practitioner-Maryland Recreation and Park Association
- Bullets Community Service Award
- Employee of the Year
- Spirit Award
- Committee Chair of the Year
- Board and Site Sponsor for the National Society on Experiential Education
- Appointment to Dean of Community Building for Governors Commission on Service
- Co-chair of Maryland Advisory Council for Governors Office on Service and Volunteerism
- International Presenter Abstracts accepted in France, Canada, and Presentations at conferences all over the United States.
- Outstanding Service Awards from Best Buddies
- Outstanding Service Awards, Montgomery County Police
- Created a Symposium with the National Institute of Mental Health; University of
- Maryland Health and Human Performance Department; and the Department of
- Psychiatry at Howard County Hospital on Integration issues impacting individuals with Chronic Mental Illness.
- President of Montgomery County Volunteer Administrators
- President of Therapeutic Recreation Branch of the Maryland Recreation Park Association
- Member of Metro Collaborative
HOUSE CALLS, LLC BOARD POSITIONS
- Conference and Training Member Maryland Recreation Park Association
- Board of Threshold Services, Nonprofit Assisting Individuals with Mental Ilness
- Advisory Board Member for Threshold Services Compeer Program
- Advisory Board Member for Best Buddies, Inc
- Advisory Board Member for Maryln House Residential Services
Articles by this Professional:
- House Calls, LLC: An Individualized Approach To Life Decisions
- The New Normal
- Telehealth/Online: An alternative to office or home visitation – House Calls, LLC
- A Diagnosis and Your Family: Challenges and Solutions
- Coronavirus, Family Challenges and Solutions
- Mental Health Support During Challenging Times
- Coronavirus and Social Isolation
- What Is a Recovery Coach?
- Help For Getting Help
- Life Coaching: Ancillary Support For Providers
- Life Coaching Creates Motivation
- Caregiving Begins With Self
- Divide Care to Multiply Benefits