Eric Bush, MD, RPh, MBA, Chief Medical Officer
Hospice of the Chesapeake & Chesapeake Supportive Care
Prince George's County
9500 Medical Center Drive
Largo, MD 20774
Anne Arundel County
90 Ritchie Highway
Suites A & B
Pasadena, MD 21122
2505 Davis Road
Waldorf, MD 20603
Degrees, Training and Certificates: Board certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Internal Medicine and Addiction Medicine. SUNY at Buffalo School of Medicine, MD Degree. SUNY at Buffalo School of Management, MBA Health Systems Administration. SUNY at Buffalo School of Pharmacy, BS Pharmacy.
Professional Memberships and Associations: Member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
Family, Hobbies and Interests: Faith and family are important to Dr. Bush. He lives in Howard County with his wife Dr. Marianna Cunanan-Bush, MD, a hospitalist at University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, and their three children.
Practice Philosophy: The principle that guides me is true patient-centered care. The final decision is with the patient. It is up to me to make sure that the patient has all the information they need communicated in a way that they can understand and feel comfortable in making that decision.
It is great to be in a position where I can use all three of my degrees. I love interacting with patients. I can help them with my medical background in oncology, hospice and palliative care and pharmaceuticals. I also can help them and their families by helping to run an organization that is ethical, sustainable and integral to the community.
Articles by this Professional:
- Take Charge Of Your Healthcare Decisions
- What To Expect When Your Loved One Is Dying
- A Comforting Presence At the End Of Life
- Older Adults and COVID Hospitalization
- Your Cancer Care Team: Why Your Team Should Include a Supportive Care Team
- Palliative Care Is Supportive Care
- Caring For Elderly and Ill During the Pandemic
- When Comfort Food Brings Discomfort: Nutrition and Hydration In the End Stages Of Life